Saturday, January 24, 2015

Butterfly Chiffon Cake

Yesterday, I got an order of a cake from my friend. Her daughter is turning three today. 

The little girl asked for a butterfly cake for her birthday. So I made one for her. 

The cake inside is a chiffon cake baked in  a normal round cake pan. It didn't rise as high as the chiffon cake I normally bake using a ring pan. So I made two cakes, cut the dome, and stacked them up together. 

I then filled the cake with some cream, crumb coated the cake and then cut the cake into half. I crumb coated the parts where I just cut. The cake went into the fridge for a while. 


After that, I started piping the butterfly. I first did the top and then the side, followed by its head and body. I used a spaghetti and two pepper gummy sweets to make the antena. Lastly I made the grass. 






No comments:

Post a Comment