Friday, November 28, 2014

A trip to Sweden- Prelude

Ah... We had finally arrived at our destination Sweden after a long 20 hours travelling time. 

This is the long awaited dream of mine, to visit Sweden, what more to be able to stay with a local for a couple of days. 

We will be in Stockholm for 3 nights, then to Umea for 2 nights and Skeleftea for 2 nights. 

The flight we took from Malaysia was Air France. After travelling for 13 hours in the air, we arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris that was where we had a 3 hours of transit. This airport is a simple airport. Nothing's exciting, nothing's special. We walked around and that's it. Then we sat down and waited and waited. 

Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris

The food the AirFrance served was not really my cup tea. For dinner, we were given a choice of Perchick chicken marinated with coconut milk and spices, French green beans with onions, steamed rice OR fillet of perch with mustard sauce, linguine pasta with herbs, sautéed vegetables with shiitake mushrooms. 

I chosed the second dish. The pasta at the top was a little hard as it was not soaked in its gravy. The fillet was a little fishy. I thought that wasn't good but little did I know that the subsequent food served was cold food and tasteless, or perhaps again, not my cup of tea...hot worse! 

I went to the back of the plane and asked for a cup of instant noodles. Guess what!  The air stewardess told me that isn't for me. That was food for the business class passengers! That was only Maggie Mee in My Cup! Nothing too fancy and nothing too expensive. Back in Malaysia, it could have cost only RM3! Then the food from Paris to Stockholm got worst. We were served a cold and hard bun with some cold cheese and ham. I wish I had taken a photo of the food. I really couldn't finish the food, really! 


Upon arriving, I couldn't actually see much of the view from the plane. It was very foggy. It looked like a big and thick white blanket. 
View from the plane

Touching down

Anyway, when we arrived at Arlanda Airport, the weather was welcoming us. It was cold, about 1 degree Celsius. This is really cool! The air is clean and it's freezing! I love it! 😙❤️
Inside Arlanda Airport, Stockholm



No comments:

Post a Comment