Thursday, November 20, 2014

Snowman Cake

Next month is my son's birthday. Every year during the month of December, all the public schools will be on long holiday. So, it's impossible for my son to have his birthday celebrated with his classmates. 

Therefore, I'd let him celebrate his birthday twice in a year, once in November (before the school term ends) and another on the actual date. 

So for the birthday this year, my son requested for a Frozen theme cake. His mother came out with the idea of a cake with a snowman topper. 

I made him a two-tier cake. The top tier was a vegan vanilla 8" cake while the bottom was a moist chocolate 10" cake. 
The whole cake was covered with a layer of crumb coat, then another layer of cream and finally with turquoise fondant.
I used four straws to support the top tier. Then I put a snowman cake topper at the top of the cake. I also piped royal icing  around the top tier as melted snow. And for the second tier, I piped some cream around it as snow. Reason? I was in a rush so I asked my helper to fill the piping bag. All I told was to fill up the bag for making snow. 😄 I guess she couldn't read my mind as I thought she could. 

Well this is the picture of the cake. I hope the picture could give some inspiration to those who want to make a snowman cake. 

Oh I almost forgot about the number six topper. Yes, it's made of black gumpaste, airbrushed with silver paint, edible of course. 

Till then, tata!


No comments:

Post a Comment