Sunday, December 28, 2014

Short Budgety Vacation- Day 2


After having breakfast at the hotel we bathed and left for Batu Pahat where the wedding was. 

The wedding was in Parit Bengkok, Parit Raja, Batu Pahat. This is a village deep in Batu Pahat. Just as the name, the place has lots of 'parits' which mean drains. 

Upon arrival, we congratulated the newly weds and greeted the bride's parents. 

The food served were Briayani rice with ayam masak merah (chicken with red sauce), rendang kambing (mutton), nangka muda masak lemak (young jackfruit with coconut milk), aca (pickles), gulai sayur (vegetables), ulam (Malay-style salad), oranges and cordial drink. 

However after taking the food from the buffet table, as I was sitting down, someone served us with additional dishes- siakap and prawns. As I was looking around I found that no other table was having these extra dishes. My hubby asked me to just eat the food. So I did. I reccond the dish was for VIP?? Well I am not sure. 

The next stop of the day is Johore Premium Outlet. In fact, I am currently writing the post here 😁

Oh the first shop we went into was Calvin Klein. Hubby bought a pair of pink pyjamas for me. It has a discount of 60%, so I thought it's a worth buy. 

Next we bought a pair of shorts or rather Bermuda for the two of us. They have 75% off. Wow! 

Ralph Lauren was the next shop we entered. Bought a shirt for my boys each.  Only about RM320. 

We saw that no one was lining up for Burberry shop so we decided to have a look inside. Hubby bought a shirt and he bought a sling bag for me as our 11th anniversary gift. 

After purchasing the things, we headed to Eight Days Hotel in Permas Jaya.  It's a boutique hotel. 
We booked two rooms with queen sized bed. However a room was on the ground floor while the other on the 2nd floor. We tried to changed but the guy at the counter said there was no more room with Queen sized bed. 
I was already not happy because of the inconvenience but giving us a room on the ground floor, what more just next to the kitchen made it worst. The cooking smell even came into the room! I was truly depressed but I dare not fully express my disappointment as I was worried if I offended hubby. 

Anyway, I let the maid and two of my kids slept on the third floor, while Kevin went down to get the remaining things from our car. I just sat there on the bed, depressed. I was thinking of how was I going to fall asleep last night. I didn't really pray to God with any exact words. All I knew was, I said "God ... God...". I believe He knows it all. So when Kevin came back, he told me that all was settled. He got us an upgrade so we got a room on the same floor. Fooh!! Thank God for the miracle. So this room had a queen sized bed and a single bed. Now I could easily took my eldest to sleep with us. He gladly slept with us, on his own bed of course. 

I wanna thank God for the better room that came in a surprise. 















No comments:

Post a Comment